Courtesy of The Hotel Zamora
CL’s weekend guide to local happenings centered around beverages and bites has a little something for everyone.
• The Blind Tiger will offer a special freebie to government employees impacted by the shutdown, starting Friday. The giveaway up for grabs is a complimentary coffee and cookie from the cafe’s Ybor City, SoHo and Seminole Heights locations. But affected employees must bring their government ID or pay stub. Free. 1901 E. Seventh Ave., Tampa. 813-540-2233.
• From 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, a craft beer tasting from local and out-of-town breweries is planned for A Night at the Brewseum. But so are the Ex Games, which divide attendees into teams (according to the color on their sampling cups) and challenge them to battle it out during activities like Nerf gun blackjack. The winning team receives a swag bag of prizes with everything from free appetizers to bottle openers. Get tickets online. $55. 1925 Fourth St. N., St. Petersburg. 727-821-8992.
• After-hours revelers should let the ooey, gooey goodness of Mr. C’s sooth their hangovers before they even start. On Saturday, the grilled cheese food truck’s Late Night in SoHo will take place between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. Free, money for food. 306 S. Howard Ave., Tampa.
• Offering indoor and outdoor seating on the waterfront Hotel Zamora terrace, Castile debuts its new Mediterranean-inspired brunch buffet, Z-Brunch, to Sunday diners. They can look forward to a mix of seafood and carving stations, breakfast items, sushi, cheese and charcuterie, pasta and desserts, among other eats. Bottomless mimosas are also part of the deal. To secure a table as early as 11 a.m., RSVP online or by phone. Free, money for food and drinks. 3701 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach. 727-456-8660.
• Take a leisurely stroll throughout Sweetwater Organic Community Farm while learning about Florida flora — and why it’s important to protect native plants — from 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday. Native Plant Walk participants are encouraged to bring comfortable walking shoes, along with cameras, water, sunscreen and notepads. $20 adults, free kids 12 & under. 6942 W. Comanche Ave., Tampa. 813-887-4066.